How long can a woman lactate after giving birth?
's what wet nurses used to do -- nurse one child after another, for other women.
Well it depends on if you are going to nurse or not. If you nurse than you will have milk until you quite nursing. There are woman in China out of necessity who nurse till kids are between 4-6 years old. My daughter is 14 1/2 months old and she still nurses.
Hope this helps
My aunt is lactating nine years later
a psy said that a woman can lactate as long as they are breast feeding and when she stops her milk will dry up. but i dont know. there is a shot that dries up milk that your doc can give you
If you keep pumping and/or breastfeeding them it can keep going until you stop!
UNTIL YOU STOP PUMPING IT OR STOP HAVING IT SUCKED OUT
AS LONG AS THEIR IS A DEMAND FOR IT YOUR BODY WILL CONTINUE TO PRODUCE IT
I'm not an expert but I do have a child and after I stopped breastfeeding, I still produced milk for about 6 or 7 weeks. Now if you continue to breastfeed, I think you produce milk as long as you keep it up at a regular pace.
it's pretty much supply and demand......if your baby still does it then the momma still makes it......if the momma decides to stop then her lactating will stop..
My kid is over 3 and I still lactate. There are women that lactate for a very long time. They are known as milk maids, or wet nurse. Back in the days before std's and other diseases were so rampat, if a new mom wasn't producing milk or enough milk she would give the child to a milk maid/wet nurse to nurse and take care of until the child was old enough for foods. My great grandmother was one.
The answers post by the user, for information only, FeelBaby.com does not guarantee the right.
- Tax Credits !!!?
- Is left or right handedness genetic?
- I need a stroller?
- Does no one have a mother anymore?
- When should I tell my father I'm pregnant? And How?
- Got my beta results - 17 dpo 644 and 20 dpo 2248..Are the numbers increasing as they should be??
- Could this make me pregnant?
- i am nine weeks pregnant with suspected twins, but one is much bigger than the other ! is this a bad sign?
- mild cramping??
- Help..I am a Grandma of a 2 yr old girl..my daughter constantly complains after babysitting her?